Kids start making Dads final arrangements and say goodbye as doctors pull plug but then Dad starts to smile

Nebraska man T. Scott Marr is very aware that God is real. Doctors had very little hope for the almost brain-dead dad. In fact, he was going to die after they pulled the plug. Only, he did not. Now nicknamed the “miracle man,” Scott made an unreal recovery instead.

The day after T. Scott Marr’s 61st birthday, Scott’s son found him unresponsive in bed at his Nebraska home, though still breathing. An ambulance rushed Scott to the hospital where doctors placed him on life support in intensive care.

Tests showcased signs of a severe stroke. The next day, Scott wasn’t getting much better and doctors told him that he suffered from major brain swelling.

“We thought that this wasn’t a recoverable process,” Dr. Rebecca Runge of Methodist Hospital stated.

Doctors relayed to Scott Marr’s children there was not much more they could do for their nearly brain-dead dad.

“He had always said, ‘I never want you guys to see me lying in a hospital bed, lying in a nursing home,'” Scott’s daughter, Preston Marr, explained.

So, when doctors made the decision to pull the plug, everyone thought it was the end of his life.

“They told us he was on his way to brain death, so we said our goodbyes before extubating him, all the monitors were shut off and we waited by his side,” Preston recalled.

But God is the One who has the final say. And He still had plans for Scott!

Scott’s children, Preston, Lauren, Ryan, and Drew, hovered around his hospital bed after doctors turned off life support. They cried, held Scott’s hand, and said their goodbyes. They even set up an appointment to start the plans for his funeral.

“We thought we would never hear his voice again, see him open his eyes, and see who we were,” Preston said.

But the next day, Scott was still alive. The hospital called and asked Scott’s kids to come back.

Preston was the first to get to the hospital and got to witness something miraculous.

“I went in just to talk to him like we have been this whole time and I said ‘hi dad and he smiled at me and I literally thought I was dreaming, it was the craziest moment ever,” Preston Marr stated.

Preston asked her dad to wiggle his thumbs, which he did. Then she told him to wiggle his toes. Scott did that, too.

“I literally had to rub my eyes to make sure it was actually happening,” Preston said.

I know there are many questions..we’re right there with you. Once again, MIRACLE MAN. We’re going to try and start from…

Posted by Preston Taylor Marr on Sunday, December 16, 2018

Doctors couldn’t believe it as well. They started doing more tests and found Scott hadn’t suffered a stroke after all. Instead, he had a rare condition called posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome.

“It’s commonly caused by high blood pressure, but there are many things that can cause it,” Dr. Runge said.

Scott Marr doesn’t recall losing consciousness. He just said he woke up in the hospital, surrounded by family. And Scott, now affectionately named the “miracle man,” knows he has his Heavenly Father to thank.

“This whole thing has been a miracle from God,” Scott said. “I did not die. I didn’t have to die. I’m back here, and I hope to give people some comfort and hope that if they are, in fact, going through anything like that, that it’s a safe place.”

In the two days he spent in the hospital, Scott may not remember his time while he was unconscious. But he does recall a vision he had during his near-death experience.

While out, Scott recalls seeing his father, who passed away two years ago. Scott spotted his late dad walking down the street.

“He said, ‘What are you doing here?’ And I said, ‘I’m looking to work.’ And he said, ‘There’s no work here, you better get your butt home,’” Scott Marr recalled.

Looking back on the dream now, Scott feels confident it means his time here on earth isn’t done. He’s blessed with more time to spend with his kids and grandkids.

Scott still has work to do in his recovery but is back home and getting stronger. And the experience has given Scott a whole new perspective on his faith.

“I’m not an extremely religious person. I don’t go to church every Sunday,” Scott said. “But I do believe in God. I believe with all my heart. And now this is just proof for me that everything I’ve ever heard is true. That He loves me. That He’s right there for me. It was pretty much a miracle.”

Share on Facebook