A Keurig can easily become your best friend if you’re a coffee lover. It’s one of the easiest and most convenient ways to get your coffee fix in the morning. However, with consistent daily use, your Keurig can lose a little of its luster. To keep your Keurig in top shape, here’s a quick rundown of how to quickly and easily clean the machine.
It is recommended to do this process three to four times a year to ensure your machine is performing correctly.
1. Unplug your Keurig machine.
2. Remove the washable parts and wash them in warm water. This includes the water holder and K-cup holder in the top compartment along with the small drip tray at the bottom.
3. Wipe down the rest of the machine with the cloth.
4. Replace the parts you cleaned and plug the machine in.
5. Fill the water reservoir with vinegar (enough to make at least 4 cups of coffee). Start the brew cycle without inserting a K-Cup. Discard the hot vinegar that’s deposited in the mug. Repeat this until the reservoir is empty.
6. Leave the Keurig on for three to four hours. The residual vinegar will break down any remaining gunk in your machine.
7. Repeat Step 5 again now with just water. This will rinse any last bit of vinegar out of your machine’s system.
Congrats! You’re ready to use your new spotless Keurig, and now you don’t have to worry about gross gunk diluting the taste of your delicious coffee.