A nurse has recently written a book where she has recorded the most common regrets of the dying. Everyone has regrets and many of us live our lives not according to our own whims and desires. We compromise, struggle, and accept certain things even when we don’t want to. Yet each and everyone one of us wishes to live their lives to the fullest. We should realize God’s beauty in the life we have been given and live our lives in a way that make us happy.
Read on to find five such regrets that were recorded by this nurse. We can all take a lesson from these 5 regrets chosen from the book.
1. “I wish I had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.”
2. “I wish I hadn’t worked so hard
3. “I wish I had the courage to express my feelings.”
4. “I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.”
5. “I wish that I let myself be happier.”
Each and every one of us is different and we want different things out our lives. Even though the struggle and hardships are real, we must strive to live a life that fulfills us, leaving little room for regret. The hardships, the compromises don’t matter when we reach the end. We must live our lives in such a fashion that we have nothing to look back on at the final hour.
Share this story and remind others that you only have one life to live… make the best of it!