Grieving mom has urgent warning for parents after teen son overdoses on Easter

A heartbroken mother has a very critical message for parents after her son’s tragic passing.

Tracy Reinholt is telling others that curiosity about drugs could lead people down a dark path.

The mom told The Jersey Journal that she discovered her 15-year-old son, Hunter, unconscious and unresponsive on Easter Sunday after he had tried pills for the first time. It was his first and only time taking drugs, but the result was still shocking.

She recalls the final moments she spent with her son and remembers the last words they shared together. The two were in Arizona visiting her dad, and they had seen a movie the night before. By 10pm, she was in bed. Before he went to bed, he said, “love ya, mom.” The next morning, he was already gone.

She wrote in his obituary, “My darkest hour is now as I have to say goodbye to the love of my life, my Hunter. No words can touch the profound sadness that engulfs me, but I am truly grateful for the love that surrounds me. This is a tragic tale – and as with all tales, there is a lesson to be learned – “it only takes once”. My brave beautiful soul lost his life because he chose to experiment just one time with something all too dangerous. The epidemic of prescription drugs is all too real – please spread the word far and wide – especially to your children.”

Tracy states that, her entire life, she was afraid that he would go down the dark path that her father also went down. The teen’s dad had struggled with addiction until Hunter was 8 years old. This had a large impact on Hunter, who grew up to be a very curious child and teen. He allegedly had a keen interest in drugs but had never experimented until the fatal night.

The pills turned out to apparently be his grandfather’s, who took them to treat his bursitis and arthritis.

The mom is now begging for other parents and caregivers to be to be more vigilant about drugs and to educate themselves about drug curiosity.

More articles

Donate now to save Baby Jésus’ life!

Every day, Jésus experiences excruciating pain due to a rare and blistering skin condition called EB. With up to 80% of his skin affected, he relies on pain medication just […]

Read More

Harvard Medical Team Has Very Serious Warning For Any One Who Drinks Milk Daily

Harvard Medical Team Has Very Serious Warning For Any One Who Drinks Milk Daily

Read More

Mom waits for 4-year-old to come out of McDonald’s Bathroom then finds she was glued to toilet seat by teens

After waiting and waiting for her daughter to return, Nicole started to worry thinking something wasn’t right, then two teenage girls come out of the bathroom laughing.

Read More

Recent posts

A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.

A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. Proverbs 14:30 No Comparison Movies, TV shows, and advertisements all encourage us to compare ourselves to […]

Read More

Donate now to save Baby Jésus’ life!

Every day, Jésus experiences excruciating pain due to a rare and blistering skin condition called EB. With up to 80% of his skin affected, he relies on pain medication just […]

Read More

The Worst Disease You Have Never Seen of the Year

Joyce suffers in extreme pain every day from a rare blistering skin disease known as EB. With up to 80% skin loss, she can’t go one day without having pain […]

Read More
Scroll to Top