26-year-old passes away after charging mobile phone ‘slips’ into bath

A young woman has died after being electrocuted when her mobile phone slipped into her bath while it was charging.

26-year-old Evgenia Shulyatyeva from Russia was found dead by her mother Vera who became concerned after her daughter didn’t respond to any of her text messages.

Investigators say she ‘died instantly’ by electrocution after the phone, which was plugged into a 220-volt plug ‘slipped’ and landed in the water with her.

It is not clear if she was using the phone while bathing.

Friends and family members paid tribute to the young woman on her Instagram account, which is filled with selfies taken on her mobile phone.

“Sister, rest in peace, sleep well. It will always be in our hearts,” Elena Shakleina, a friend of the victim, wrote on Instagram.

Investigators are currently trying to figure out whether the phone and charger had the proper safety measures, and whether the electricity cut out instantly.

The victim was expecting to celebrate her 27th birthday next month.

It’s been two years ago that 14-year-old Madison Coe was electrocuted while using her cell phone in her bathtub. Her family said she regularly used her phone while soaking in the tub.

So is it ever safe to use your cell phone in the bathtub? To find out, electrical engineer Steve Fowler set up a demonstration with Inside Edition’s Chief Investigative Correspondent, Lisa Guerrero, to show what could happen when you use a cell phone in the water. Watch the answer in the video:

More articles

Donate now to save Baby Jésus’ life!

Every day, Jésus experiences excruciating pain due to a rare and blistering skin condition called EB. With up to 80% of his skin affected, he relies on pain medication just […]

Read More

Customers Rally To Help Doughnut Shop Owner Spend More Time With Sick Wife

Caring Customers Unite So Pastry Shop Owner Can Be By Her Side

Read More

5 Ways to Keep Your Family Safe at Home

Think you’re home is protected from intruders? You might want to think again.

Read More

Recent posts

A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.

A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. Proverbs 14:30 No Comparison Movies, TV shows, and advertisements all encourage us to compare ourselves to […]

Read More

Donate now to save Baby Jésus’ life!

Every day, Jésus experiences excruciating pain due to a rare and blistering skin condition called EB. With up to 80% of his skin affected, he relies on pain medication just […]

Read More

The Worst Disease You Have Never Seen of the Year

Joyce suffers in extreme pain every day from a rare blistering skin disease known as EB. With up to 80% skin loss, she can’t go one day without having pain […]

Read More
Scroll to Top