All of us enjoy waffles. Who doesn’t, right? Nice, warm waffles with toppings like whipped cream, berries, and a nice drizzle of chocolate fudge. This treat is truly something amazing! But what happens when your go-to waffle house serves you waffles with cleaning products? Sounds hard to believe? Well, it actually happened. Read on to know what took place.
Atavian Moore visited a waffle house in Georgia after which she filed a lawsuit against the waffle house. The incident took place two years ago. Moore had ordered a drink from the restaurant in Georgia and according to her, the drink had remnants of bleach in it. Apparently, the staff at the restaurant had cleaned the drink dispenser earlier and did not really do a thorough job of rinsing out the bleach from the dispenser. The restaurant was served with a lawsuit claiming the payment of her medical expenses. Moore claims that she incurred nearly $50,000 in medical expenses after consuming the drink contaminated with bleach. She claims to have suffered damages to her esophagus, lungs, and several other internal organs.
The spokesman of Waffle House refused to comment on the incident and emphasized that they will be responding to the allegations through the legal system. The spokesperson also told that they value their customers and their health is the top priority for them.
Surprisingly enough, the Waffle House in Georgia is not the only restaurant chain to have been under scrutiny. A Waffle House outlet near Atlanta scored very poorly in a health inspection after the health inspector found insects such as flies, baby cockroaches, and mold on the kitchen surfaces and inside the walk-in cooler none the less.